Bristol Girls Little League Softball Incorporated (BGLLS) is formed to provide an organized and structured program of softball for the girls (ages 5-16) of Bristol, Connecticut and the surrounding communities, in a fun and positive atmosphere.
GOAL- The Minors Division continues to stress and reinforce the fundamentals of softball and allow players with less experience to understand the value of teamwork. Players will bat from a player pitched ball. Training will focus on proper throwing, catching, fielding, hitting, bunting and base running techniques. Further emphasis is placed on sliding, base stealing and running on passed balls.
The minor league may be players ages 7-10. Divisions may be established within the Girls Minor League Softball Division for "machine pitch," "coach pitch" or "player pitch." By local option, a player who is league age 6 for the current season and has played a year in Girls Tee Ball Softball may be "moved up" to a coach pitch division. A local league might have its 7-8-year-olds in the Girls Minor League Softball Coach Pitch Division, while its 9-10-year-olds are in the Girls Minor League Softball Player Pitch Division. However, by local option, some of the 9-year-olds could "play down" in the coach pitch division, and some of the 8-year-olds could "play up." This is entirely the choice of the local league board of directors. Rosters may be composed of between 12 and 20 players, but most leagues have rosters in the 12-15 range.
AGE GROUP– League Age 7 to 10 years old. Teams are assigned by tryouts and draft. SCHEDULE– Spring Training – April, twice per week.
Games – April through June
Clinics – To be announced
All Stars – June through early August
LOCATIONS - Minor Division regular season Home games are played primarily at various Bristol town fields.
Practices may be conducted at various Bristol town fields.
All-Star Tournament play is introduced up to the state level with travel to District 5 sites throughout central Connecticut.
- The official game ball is the Little League authorized 11” softball.
- The diamond used is a 60-foot diamond and the pitching distance is 35 feet.
BATTERS AND RUNNERS (OFFENSE)
- The batting order includes all players present and ready to play.
- A team will remain at bat until three outs have been recorded.
- Concentration on batting skills as players learn to hit fastpitch.
- Teams will use ten (10) available players on defense (4 outfielders).
- Players must play at least two (2) innings on defense.
- Emphasis on proper positioning for hit balls and steal situations. CLINICS
- Skill and fun type clinics are offered throughout the season by veteran coaches/board members to further improve the player’s skills and enjoyment of the game.